GWECP Associate of Arts Degree
What is the GWECP?
The GW Early College Program – Associate of Arts Degree (GWECP- AA) affords highly motivated and academically talented students from School Without Walls the opportunity to be considered for an associate of arts degree from The George Washington University. SWW sophomores interested in GWECP-AA and motivated to challenge themselves in a college environment are encouraged to apply.
- Admission to the program is selective and enrollment is limited to a maximum of 15 SWW students.
- Students admitted to the program complete a mandatory Summer Bridge experience in the summer of their acceptance.
- During their junior and senior year of high school, program participants take a full-time course load each semester at the university (4-5 courses).
- Tuition is waived for the four semesters provided the student maintains successful full-time enrollment.
- The student is responsible for additional fees and books.
- Students are considered dually enrolled and have access to all GW and SWW student services.
What are the program eligibility requirements?
Must be enrolled as a sophomore at SWW at time of application and a DC resident and US citizen and, by the end of the sophomore year, have successfully completed the following:
- English (two years)
- World History (two years)
- Mathematics (two years inc Algebra I/Geometry)
- Foreign Language (two years of same language)
- Science (two years)
What are the application requirements?
- Completion of Common Application
- Completion of GWECP-AA Application
- Recommendation (10th grade team)
- Official High School Transcript
- PSAT Test Score
- Interview w/GW Admissions Director
What are the requirements to continue at the university towards a BA degree?
Students who successfully complete the GWECP-AA program are encouraged to apply for admission to GW for a bachelor’s degree.
Students must have a 2.75 or better cumulative grade point average on all coursework completed at GW and will be given high priority.
Students must meet all the admissions requirements for freshman admission except:
- Standardized test scores will be waived
- Students must submit one GW faculty recommendation
To be considered for a GW scholarship, admitted GWECP-AA students must have earned a 3.3 or better.
For additional information contact:
Dr. Sheila Mills Harris, Director, GW Early College Program, firstname.lastname@example.org